Friday, January 28, 2011

Forgiveness


I had a rough week. It's been at least 6 days of stress, confusion, guilt, anger, and a lot of feelings that I cannot exactly pinpoint on a "how are you feeling today?" chart. Let's just say that I felt betrayed and sacrificed for the good of the team. No details needed. The torture and tears ended last night when I read this quote from President Monson on my fridge:

There is really no way we can know the heart, the intentions, or the circumstances of someone who might say or do something we find reason to criticize. Thus the commandment: 'judge not.'"

I love that forgiveness is a reality, that the malice in my heart has been replaced by the pure love of Jesus Christ. No need to worry about fair, right or wrong, who's to blame or not. Just a release and a let go of natural man chains.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I admire you, Sund.

Jenn said...

I needed to hear that quote. Thank you!

Jenny said...

I love you my Sun!