Monday, July 18, 2011

Post Grad

A few updates from my life:

-Today is the 6th day of a terrible, gushing cold. My tp roll is getting great usage, better than a tree-top job back in the glory days when staying up late and running around outside was fun.

-I put my two weeks in after only a month and a half of a new job. Got a better job.

-My parents are moving to Virginia for 8 months. Jealous, is all I have to say.

-Tyler is definitely winning our family's "biggest loser" contest :(

-While the Cuisinart indoor ice cream maker is NOT helping me win the weight-loss competition, it has definitely been the favorite kitchen-gear purchase of my life.

-The non-frugal purchase of an Android phone has actually helped me cut down on my internet addiction. I spend way less time online now that I now I can be online 24/7. Always want what you can't have, I suspect.

-Grilled mangoes--best summer time treat. Cut up a mango and leave in its skins. Put some foil on the grill-- brush some lime juice and olive oil on the flesh of the fruit. Grill 3-4 minutes on each side. It kind of tastes like a peach cobbler. Mmmmm.

-My deep cleaning once a week goal has dwindled in unbelief.

-One of my best friends and her cutest children and reliable husband moved 4 hours away. Sad day.

-I still believe that the joy is in the journey. I've been a journeyin'. . .



2 comments:

Amber said...

Where in Virginia?

Sundy said...

Charlottesville, where my mom got her doctorate.