Friday, April 3, 2009

Dreams can be reality...


My dreams became a reality one year ago yesterday. I got engaged to Tyler Joseph Anderson on the 2nd of April, 2008 (the location seen in this picture, two and a 1/2 months later). Last night, as I wrote in my journal, I flipped back a few hundred entries ago and read the following:

"Yes! I am engaged. I am in shock. I am in love. I am scared. I am happy. I am in engaged. What in the world? Me, Sundy Lynn Peterson--engaged. To Tyler Joseph Anderson....Oh, I love him! It's unreal. I can't believe this is me. I love him. Love, Sundy Lynn Anderson to be."

While the initial giddiness and shock has worn off, the love and excitement has not. I love being married to a wonderful man. We live for each other. We want to be one more than anything, and we work at that sometimes humbling process every day. How do you explain what it's like to bawl your eyes out in someone's arms who feels the same pain that you feel, or can whisper soothing words in the middle of an intimidating or horrifying situation that actually do sooth. Or the excitement I feel when waiting to see his train coming around the bend from downtown Portland.

So, "the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." I didn't dare dream it would be this good, real, deep, and happy. But it is....

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh this makes me so happy! What a beautiful post.

Jeff said...

I remember when you guys got engaged. You were telling me how I should get engaged and I was super terrified. That's so exciting that it's been a whole year already! Thanks for encouraging me to do the same, we've been married now for almost 6 months!

Moonsahra said...

I'm so glad that things are going so great! It is interesting to see my students' impressions of marriage, and unfortunately it's not always positive. I absolutely adore being married, too, so I love hearing I'm not alone.