Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Needs

Everyone has needs. I believe that everyone has more than one. And the people that seem like they have it all together do not have it all together. They have needs, too--a lot of them, probably. I work at a center to meet people's needs--families, children, drop-out teenagers, the disabled, the mentally ill, the immigrants, the homeless, the ethnic, the Caucasian, the bitter, the hopeful.

Five ladies I work with got into a fight about frozen turkeys and where to put the beans on the shelf. It wasn't about turkeys or beans. It was about insecurities and hidden hurts. Bishop David H. Burton said "Oft times those we think deserve our love the least need it the most." Doing that fills our own need 'buckets'.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sund! Thank you for this. It was so inspiring! I can't wait to read more :)

Crystal Noel Perry said...

Hi friend. I added your blog link to mine. Yes...I did make a blog, because I'm special. :) Love you.

Jeff said...

Sundy Lynn, you are wise. I miss you.